Justin Bieber says he doesn’t take sexual assault lightly – especially when he’s been accused of being an offender.
Over the weekend, Bieber was the trending topic o Twitter when an anonymous account published a story on the platform alleging he sexually abused her in 2014. Bieber, took no time to jump on twitter to respond to these allegations .Check out his responses below .
“I don’t normally address things as I have dealt with random accusations my entire career but after talking with my wife and team I have decided to speak up on an issue tonight.
According to People, the singer filed a $20 million defamation lawsuit against the two women (who go by Danielle and Kadi), and his lawyers say the accusations against him are “factually impossible and disproven both by indisputable documentary evidence and the individuals’ own admissions.”
The complaint reads: “Danielle claimed she was sexually assaulted at the Four Seasons Hotel on March 9, 2014, however, Bieber did not stay at that hotel in March 2014 and there are multiple witnesses and documentary evidence to dispute Danielle’s malicious lie.” It also calls Kadi’s accusation “likewise factually impossible, are contradicted by her own prior written statements, are supported only by falsified or faked texts.”
The complaint goes on to say that Kadi’s accusations “are a complete fabrication, an elaborate hoax” and that she is a Bieber “superfan, a Belieber,” who is “desperate to meet him and desperate [for] his attention and for fame.”
“Kadi, as an apparent superfan, may have waited outside his hotel at times, and like other fans, may have managed a fan photograph with him, but (if so) that is where any reality of her story ends, and her false, defamatory statements begin,” the filing says, later adding “The detailed narrative and Defamatory Kadi Accusations are fabricated malicious lies. Bieber did not sexually assault Kadi, or anyone else, in a hotel room in New York, on the night of May 4, 2015, early AM of May 5, 2015.”
The filing also includes proof of Bieber’s whereabouts—which he previously provided on Twitter to his followers along with an explanation about why he was addressing the claims against him.
“I don’t normally address things as I have dealt with random accusations my entire career, but after talking with my wife and team, I have decided to speak up on an issue tonight,” Justin wrote. “Rumors are rumors but sexual abuse is something I don’t take lightly. I wanted to speak out right away, but out of respect to so many victims who deal with these issues daily, I wanted to make sure I gathered the facts before I made any statement. In the past 24 hours, a new Twitter appeared that told a story of myself involved with sexual abuse on March 9, 2014, in Austin, Texas, at the Four Seasons Hotel. I want to be clear. There is no truth to this story. In fact, as I will soon show, I was never present at that location.”
Stay tuned for more updates.